Luas Fun Summer Activity Guide - Sport
To coincide with the Olympics kicking off, this week’s theme in the Luas fun summer activity guide is Sport. There are lots of places close to Luas where you can work on getting your family fit for free and also lots of fun activities and summer camps to take part in that will get the heart pumping.
You can download the Sport activity guide and activity sheets to keep the kids entertained here:
RAINFOREST ADVENTURE GOLF, DUNDRUM
What: Two incredible 18-hole South American themed crazy golf courses deep within the rainforest. Children, teenagers and grown-ups of all ages are catered for.
When: 10:00 – 23:00, last tee off time: 22:00
- €28 for a family ticket
- €5 for 1 Adult + 1 to 5 yr old, Mon-Fri before noon (see website for more specials)
Getting there: Luas Green Line – Balally + 5 min walk
Contact: 01 296 4588
SWIMMING LESSONS, MARKIEVICZ LEISURE CENTRE
What: Swimming lessons for kids all summer. Each class lasts 40 mins
When: Every Tues-Fri from 15:00 – 17:00
Cost: €30 for 4 lessons
- Luas Green Line – St. Stephen’s Green + 15 min walk
- Luas Red Line – Busaras + 10 min walk
Contact: 01 222 6130
RENT-A-BIKE, PHEONIX PARK
What: With 20KM of cycle paths, half the main road in the Phoenix Park is closed to cars every weekend. You can rent a bike complete with child seat or trailer at the Parkgate Street entrance to the Phoenix park.
When: Every day
Cost: €10 for 3 hours
- Luas Red Line – Heuston + 5 min walk
- Luas Green Line – St. Stephen’s Green + 15 min walk to Luas Red Line Abbey Street
Contact: 086 265 6258
Dig out the ball or frisby and bring the kids to one of Dublin’s many
parks – Phoenix park on the Red Line or Stephen’s Green on the Green line. Both also have playgrounds for the younger
kids to enjoy.
When: all year round
- Luas Green Line – St. Stephen’s Green
- Phoenix Park: Luas Red Line – Heuston + 5 min walk