The Integrated Ticketing smart card, the Leap Card, is now on sale. To find out more or to buy a Leap Card visit www.leapcard.ie.
The interim Luas SmartCard is no longer available to buy and will be phased out over the next few months. If you are an existing Luas SmartCard holder read on to find out all you need to know about moving from Luas SmartCard to Leap Card.
Exchanging Your Luas SmartCard for a Leap Card
- Click on www.leapcard.ie
- Click on the Request button under the Luas Smartcard image on the bottom left of the www.leapcard.ie homepage; this allows you to migrate your card online.
- Fill in the online Free Leap Card Request form; you’ll need your Luas Smartcard and your contact details for this.
- Submit your completed form.
- You’ll receive an email confirming that your request has been submitted successfully and giving you a reference number.
- Leap Card will send you out a free Leap Card with a deposit on it to the address you provided. Depending on the demand you should receive your card within 10 days.
- Continue to use your Luas SmartCard until the ePurse balance becomes less than zero then start using your Leap Card
- When you get your Leap Card just top up and go!
- If you have any issues email firstname.lastname@example.org or Low-Call 1850 824 824
- Find Out More: To find out more about the migration of Luas SmartCards to Leap cards read the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Register your Luas SmartCard: You don’t need to register your Luas SmartCard to get migrate over from your Luas Smartcard to Leap Card, just follow the steps outlined above. If you would like to register your Luas SmartCard follow this link: Register your Luas SmartCard.
- Luas SmartCard Terms & Conditions: Read the Luas Smartcard Terms & Conditions.